Thursday, July 30, 2009

Last post from Palau

So today is the last day or work, last day here in Palau, fin, finish.

Last night was a very interesting story.

Firstly it was pouring and I volunteered to go to the burger truck and pick us up dinner while Brandon did laundry and mi packed. Deanna calls us and tells us we can get into this party at a hotel. We of course decided to see what this was all about. Once we get there we find that they turned the room in the hotel into a private club, filled with lights, fog, food, drinks....ALL FREE!!!!. gah, -cheapness....overload.....shutting down.....

When we walked in all the Koreans stopped and looked at us. It was a perfect awkward turtle moment. They came over to great us, and once again: MI SAVES THE DAY! She explains everything in Korean to them and they smile shake our hands and enthusiastically invite us to join them. Some guy put on a dance show while we gorged away at the food and drinks. We danced and it was just so unreal. A night like that would have costed hundreds of dollars anywhere else but we were lucky enough to get it for free.

Deanna gave us all goodbye gifts which was very very nice of her. I got a turtle bracelet. Its so nice.

I went home and PASSED out.

Today they are throwing a lunch here in at the MOE for Yixin and I. should be fun.

What an amazing summer. The experiences and people I met were unlike any I have ever had before. I will remember this summer for a long time.

I feel like a changed person, in a good way. I see things slightly different now and I feel ready to get back and face the challenges of Senior year.

See everyone back in the states!

-Tom

1 comment:

  1. Even more of a cheapness overload: I'm totally buying you lunch so that I can hear about your summer!

    ReplyDelete